Food and love; love and food – definitely two of our favourite subjects in life, these basic human needs are also innately linked. Today we celebrate love and it’s no coincidence that one of the most popular gifts are chocolates, and the most popular activity is spending a romantic dinner with your loved one: There is a profound connection between food and intimacy.
The proverb is true… a man’s heart is through his stomach. Either it is eating well because you’re in love, losing your appetite on a heartbreak, desiring for what is forbidden, food and love are bound together as they produce the same reward hormones like dopamine and norepinephrine, which make us feel good.
It’s a fact: when you are a couple, your lifestyle revolves a bit more around food. Online food ordering marketplace hellofood found the best, foodiest love quotes and created 7 cards to share with that special person in your life.
1. “My weaknesses have always been food and men—in that order.” —Dolly Parton, American singer-songwriter, actress, author
2. “I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.” ―Nora Ephron, American journalist, playwright, novelist, director
3. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” —Julia Child, TV chef and author
4. “A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.” —Barbara Johnson, American literary critic
5. “My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.” —Orson Welles, American actor, director, writer and producer
6. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” —Ernestine Ulmer, American author
… No matter how you slice and dice it, food and love are intimately tied! So sit back this Valentine’s day, order his/her favourite meal from hellofood and let the food do its magic! Happy Valentine’s day!
hellofood is the leading global online food delivery marketplace and is active in more than 40 countries. For restaurants, hellofood promotes their visibility in a mobile and digital world, and provides up-to-date interfaces as technology evolves. For diners, hellofood provides the convenience of ordering food online and offers the widest culinary range to choose their favorite meal from, which can be done via the web or through the app. Investments from iMENA and Mobily Ventures have promoted hellofood’s presence in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon and Qatar. The Group has raised more than USD 100 million in venture capital to date.