Corp Amman Hotel Applauds Jordanian Government’s Decision to Ease Regulations Regarding Entry Visas for Tourists
Following a meeting with Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, the Jordanian Government has approved a proposal put forth by Nayef Al-Fayez, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities, to ease regulations regarding entry visas for tourists coming into Jordan. These facilitations were proposed in order to make traveling to Jordan more convenient and affordable for people of all nationalities.
Commenting on the announcement Erik Huyer, General Manager of Corp Amman Hotel, said, “It is a great development and we are confident it will tremendously boost tourism. Travellers coming into Jordan have long been demanding a reduction in visa fee and other taxes. And we are pleased to see that the authorities have taken note of it. The move will open new source markets for Jordan as well as help expand existing ones. It will also widen Jordan’s appeal in the mid-market segment.”
Following deliberations, the below amendments were agreed upon:
1) Waiving visa fees for tourists of all nationalities coming through Jordanian tour operators whether traveling individually or in groups. The visa fee is waived on the condition that the traveler/travelers spend a minimum of two consecutive nights in Jordan.
2) Waiving visa fees for individual tourists who have organized their trip to Jordan without arrangements through a tour operator and have purchased the unified tourist site ticket on the condition that they spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
3) Reducing visa fees for tourists entering Jordan through land borders. The visa fee will be reduced from 40JOD to 10JOD on the condition that these tourists spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
4) Waiving departure tax for all scheduled flights from Aqaba and Amman, on the condition that tourists purchase the unified tourist site ticket and spend a minimum of three consecutive nights in Jordan.
5) Waiving the departure tax and entry visa for all low cost and charter flights leaving King Hussein International Airport – Aqaba.
About Corp Amman Hotel
Corp Amman Hotel is a 4-Star property featuring 108 elegantly appointed rooms and suites equipped with the finest facilities. Designed to be one of the city’s prestigious addresses, the hotel boasts three multi-functional meeting rooms and a spectacular ballroom equipped with the latest technology and facilities. Diners too have an excellent choice of restaurants with the hotel’s culinary team offering an extensive selection of regional and international flavours. One may opt for all-day-dining restaurant ‘The Boulevard’ or the roof-top Lebanese restaurant ‘Mood’. ‘Snug’ lobby lounge is ideal for tasty nibbles and refreshing cold and hot drinks. For relaxation, the hotel offers a trendy fitness centre ‘Orange’ where you can enjoy an invigorating workout followed by a pampering soak in the temperature controlled outdoor swimming pool or indulge in tranquil spa treatments.
For more information about the hotel please visit www.hmhhotelgroup.com/corpamman