Created by Nadia Parekh of Mélange Dubai for the Beat Diabetes initiative’s Homey’s Guide to Healthy Recipes
For the infusion:
- 4 bags of Moroccan tea bags (or any flavored tea bags of your choice)
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Honey (to taste)
- 1 Nectarine, cut into wedges
- 2 Limes, sliced
- Strawberries, cut in half
- 250ml Sparkling water (plain or flavored to your choice)
- Ice cubes
- Additional flavor ideas:
- Mint leaves
- Frozen berries
- Edible flowers
- Orange or lemon slices
- Boil the water and remove from the heat, add the tea bags and brew for 3-4 minutes, depending on how strong you would like the flavor of the tea. Mix in the honey and cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the infusion, add to the tea and chill overnight
- Just before serving add the sparkling water.
- Additional flavors can be added to the glass.